Health Daily News

Provide up-to-date news and information about medicine, wellness, diet, nutrition, fitness, recipes, and weight-loss.

Good: viewing a patient outside the hospital

I was having lunch with an another nurse outside the hospital when I discovered a former patient of mine.

I jumped up to hug him, and wondered that he had hair. Jeff is a British Professor and we have mutual friends, lessons at a nearby University. Long before he became a patient in my hospital, I was lucky the first meeting Jeff at a dinner party.The next time I had seen him, was in the Krankenhaus.Er had been diagnosed with lymphoma and treatment was.

Theresa Brown Jeff Swensen for the New York Times Theresa Brown, r.n.

"Hey, Theresa," he called to walk in the Hall holds his I.V. pole, baldness, dressed in a hospital gown. "It's Jeff."

I could not put it and it reminded me how we had met. I realized that the discomfort I felt that, because I try to separate my work from my "real" life.Even more, I like to think that keep these worlds separate helps keep influenced cancer anyone I know.

Jeff stayed for only 19 days. while I was his nurse for a short time during his stay, I was often close to his room.We would talk about cancer or his transplantation, but about a literature class he prepared and some write that he had done for a magazine. for me it was refreshing, jumping back in the life of the mind I had left the University. I it was thought, a way to feel like a person, rather than only a patient.

And then some months later, it was he, lunch at the same restaurant where I was with my friend restaurants.

It happens sometimes - I see that after treatment in hospital a patient out and about in the real world. Every time you seem like a mythical being, someone new human created from clay.

See Jeff from the resulting short flight of stairs, how did he gebracht.In restaurant the story of Orpheus and Eurydice in memory this well-known tale was Orpheus musician, deeply in love with Eurydice, who died after used by a snake gebissen.Mit heartbroken, Orpheus his work on his way into the underworld charm and convince Hades to bring Eurydice back to life.Orpheus was not warned, to review Eurydice to both climbed up the steps from the underworld, but Orpheus could not resist a look back.After the rules broken, he looked helplessly how you resolved and disappeared.

I always thought that this is one of the stories was cruel in Greek mythology.Certainly some sympathy for Orpheus's sense of disbelief could have the gods who his lost love had come back to life.

That was the feeling I had when I Jeff, saw full sound, with hair on his head, food in a restaurant, looked like a Professor instead of a patient.As he and I talked, I kept touching his elbow, want me assure that he really was.

I told him, he looked great, which meant really, that he look more like a patient.

A few weeks later I saw him again, in the public Bibliothek.Diesmal I needed not to his elbow to touch, to keep; two sightings had convinced me he would we resolve. talked about his health, but most of our conversation focused on books, his writing and teaching.

Jeff has given me permission to his story to say the things only as a reminder of patients has some lung problems better werden.Er, by his immune system is over reactive verursacht.Ein relapse of his illness is a larger Sorge.Aber is teaching, writing, reading and rerun for exercise if his lungs verlangsamen.Er loves him Prince, so that his daughter tickets for a concert in Madison Square Garden this December gekauft.Die option to a concert to visit only one more character his life normally returned - is no longer immune suppressed and fragile, it is safe for him part of such a large crowd.

There is no denying that cancer is still on his mind, but his journey the stairs up successfully done, the rest of his life is, too.


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers